Thursday, September 26, 2013

Keep Calm and Carry On: September Carries On

Wow. It's been a wild couple of weeks. Here's what I've been up to.

1) I spent a few days in Orkney. I stayed at the Stromness Hotel, did a little exploring around Stromness, conducted a bit of business in Kirkwall, and started putting a few preliminary roots down.

2) From there, I went to Bournemouth for a two week close protection/personal security detail/bodyguarding course. I took the course through a company called Titas, Ltd., and will be discussing it in more detail both here and on the JTS blog. On my way to Bournemouth, I swung through one of my old haunts and met one of my former associates, Pockets, for dinner and a walk around the area. It was really envigorating, partly because less has changed around there since I left than has changed in my own hometown during the same period.

3) Leaving Bournemouth, I went to Portsmouth to make a run at the Royal Marines Museum before heading across the Solent to the Isle of Wight. I visited the Isle of Wight in 2004 and wanted to sort of "overwrite" some old memories. That mission was successful.

4) From the Isle of Wight, it was another long travel day to get back to Aberdeen in order to sort a few things out. I was fortunate to see some dear friends in the process.

As I write this, I'm on my way back up to Orkney. I'm sort of a transient at the moment, but I should have housing sorted out in a few days. Once I'm done bouncing from place to place, I'll be able to get to work on some projects that will lend some purpose to my time in Orkney. My plans for what I'm calling Operation Bold Brigand (after an old Spin Doctors song) are ambitious, but if I can get some work done on any of them, I can consider my time in Orkney an overwhelming success... But more on those later.

I realize that it's been quite a while since I blogged regularly. I promise, I'll be back with some excellent posts within the next week or so. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment