Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Island Paradise: Commuting with Around Orkney

For years, BBC Radio Orkney's morning news program(me), Around Orkney, has been carried online in a Flash-based utility. While I've appreciated the ability to listen to Orcadian news without being within transmission range, the inability to download daily episodes has annoyed me, as has inability to use my Android devices to listen. As such, I derived great joy from learning that BBC Radio Orkney has finally shifted away from the "listen again facility", as they called it, and started posting the recordings of their daily broadcasts on their SoundCloud page. I've been taking public transit to work, so it's great to ignore all of my former commuters and focus instead on the latest news from my beloved island paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment