Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Songs That Remind You 14

It's that time again. As I've noted recently, I've had a number of projects to work on whle I've been up here in Orkney, which has seen me spending quite a few hours in coffee shops and pubs, drinking tea and whisky. One venue (which will be discussed soon, hopefully later this week) has some pretty good music, and I enjoy having two or three hours on a given day when I can work on one thing or another while sitting in relative quiet (save for that music).

One song that I hadn't heard before coming up here (apparently it's somewhat recent) is a song by James Blunt called Bonfire Heart.


As Blunt notes on his website, the video was filmed in Wyoming and Montana, and anyone who's been to that particular area of America will recognize from both the scenery and the warmth of the people with whom Blunt came into contact with. (Blunt's comment about it being "a mix between Top Gun and Brokeback Mountain" probably wouldn't be received well by the locals, but he's English so there's no accounting for tact or intelligence.)

CN GBU-16 is an ardent Oasis fan. I heard this next song, Sunday Morning Call, and enjoyed it, but had no clue what the title was or who sang it. I copied down a few of the lyrics and looked them up, andshared it with her (I think she'd already heard it), and I wanted to share it with you folks.


My enjoyment of Oasis' music is bittersweet, since Liam and Noel Gallagher are pretty loathsome individuals. They made some good music before flipping out and breaking up the band, though.

So, will there be more songs to remember? As usual, you'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment