Thursday, April 4, 2013

How to Wear a Kilt

I've gotten a lot of grief over the years - and possibly even more respect - for wearing kilts from time to time. I have to admit, I've never actually worn a full kilt, but I've made a pretty good effort at it as I've been able. My buddy Chops (who's reading this) helped me quite a bit, and we some kilted adventures back in '07 - much to the amusement of his Japanese wife and my Okinawan girlfriend at the time.

Anyway, a lot of effort goes into wearing a kilt properly. The other day, completely by chance, YouTube gave me an advert for Slater's, which is apparently a kilt shop. For those of you who are curious about what goes into wearing a kilt - and those of you who are interested in seeing some dude in pink boxer-briefs - this video will be of interest to you.

"How to wear a Kilt - Slaters"


So, there you have it. I'm a descendent of Clan Cleland on my dad's side, and Clan Crawford on my mum's side. I'm hoping to get a Clan Cleland kilt to take home with me, but I've run into a bit of trouble with it, so I suppose we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment