Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Royal Cyphers: G VI R

The search continues! A few weeks ago, I was riding the #19 bus from downtown (the "city centre") to campus, and traffic was diverted for road construction or something. Having learned in the Boy Scouts (except, no, I was never a Boy Scout) to remain vigilant and observant at all times, I was thrilled to see a post box with a cypher I hadn't seen before! Well, actually, I thought that it might be another E VII R, but I decided to go check it out... Later. As it turned out, it was weeks later.

In the mean time, I was walking down King Street to attend a function that CN Wanakum invited me to at her church - which she didn't even show up for! - and I stumbled across another George VI post box. Except, since I hadn't actually found out what the cypher was on that one off of George Street, this was the first time I'd gotten a confirmed George VI, which took a bit of the wind out of my sails when I went back to check on that first one. That means that at this point, I have confirmed sightings of post boxes from the reigns of Victoria, Edward VII, George V, and George VI, leaving only the brief reign of Edward VIII as the only gap. Will that gap be filled? Stay tuned to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment