Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Don't Panic: The UKBA's Epic Fail

I've enjoyed, and plan to keep, the Keep Calm and Carry On category here on the Operation Highlander blog. I'm now introducing its flamboyant doppelgänger: Don't Panic. KCCO will be posted when I'm under quite a bit of stress, and DP will be posted when I've found reason to relax.

My passport won't get back in time to leave this week, and there's nothing I can do about that. I've arranged with the airline to cancel the tickets Gus and I had booked on this week's flight, and I'll re-book once I have the passport back in my hands. Assuming we haven't reached the deadline whereby Gus is unable to join me, I'm only out $500 for the cancellation and re-booking. If we reach the point in which Gus can't join me at all, we'll alter the plan accordingly.

The whole situation is beyond my control, so why panic at this point? As I've stated before, the worst option means I still get to go spend a year in Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment