Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Bold Brigand: Nairn Station's Ambitious CCTV Mast

My route from the Isle of Wight back up to Orkney, I found myself waiting for half an hour on a rail platform in Nairn. I was actually fairly fortunate to get there - my flight landed with barely enough time to get to the station in Inverness in time for the late train to Aberdeen, but the cab driver asked where I was headed and suggested that he take me to Nairn instead. We got there with plenty of time, but I found myself killing time. As I was chatting on the phone with a couple of folks back in the States, I noticed a really ambitious CCTV mast. It's not uncommon to see CCTV (short for "closed-circuit television") cameras throughout the United Kingdom - British security folks love them. At any rate, I snapped a picture, and figured I'd share.

No comments:

Post a Comment