Thursday, January 17, 2013

Post-Exam Collapse

Alright, exams are over. I think I did well on both of them, though I'm a bit more confident on the first exam. I think there was room for improvement on both, but that's the nature of an exam under those circumstances. I'll try to put up a post in the next couple of weeks that discusses the exam experience, because it's much different than what I was used to as an undergraduate. After the second exam was done, a bunch of us went out drinking. I ended up playing big brother by the end of the night, but it was great to get a few drinks down the hatch and relax after being spun up for the last few weeks.

Classes fire back up in about a week and a half. Joanne, whom I mentioned a while back, was bugging me a few weeks ago to go somewhere, and I told her I would once exams were over, but I think I may not. I have some projects I can work on here in Aberdeen - the biggest one being my dissertation. I'd like to get it written early, to allow me more time to look for work over the Summer. Joanne thinks I'm basically crazy, but I actually enjoyed studying for and taking the exams, and writing a long research paper is actually my idea of a good time. Maybe I'll moderate that with some travel, but I'm actually too beat to worry about it at the moment.

I may post over the next few days, I may not. I kind of feel like spending the next few days in a Tom version of a chronic vegetative state. At the moment, I think I'm going to pack up - I spent half the day in the SOC - and go for a kebab.

No comments:

Post a Comment