Monday, January 28, 2013

The Songs That Remind You 5

While I was getting my hair cut at the barber shop, I heard this tune by Olly Murs featuring Flo Rida - Olly Murs having been mentioned previously in The Songs That Remind You 3.



As much as I hate to admit knowing this, this song is strangely reminiscent of "Crazy" by Britney Spears, from before she went crazy herself. Olly Murs also sounds a lot like Adam Levine of Maroon 5, and this song reminds me of an older Maroon 5 song, but it's tough to place - maybe "Not Coming Home"? Until now, I've neglected another song that will remind me of my time in Scotland, but I figured that I may as well include it. Truth be told, I didn't actually hear this one for the first time when I was over here, but as I was getting my apartment packed up a few months ago, I discovered a punk rock version of "Scotland the Brave" by the Dropkick Murphys, entitled "Cadence to Arms".



It's tough not to feel like you're ready to roll out and conquer when that tune fades out.

No comments:

Post a Comment